The Arlington County Government is launching a new website, the first major refresh to the county’s online presence in more than seven years. The site will launch on Monday October 18th. Users can still access the site by visiting www.arlingtonva.us.
The updated website brings the necessary improvements to the overall stability, security, and performance of the website. Improvements have also been made to the website with a light design update and navigation updates to better meet the community’s digital needs.
“The county website is the first, and sometimes only, place for many of our residents to find important information about Arlington,” said County Board Chairman Matt de Ferranti. “This upgrade will help make the website an easily accessible, safe, and reliable resource for our residents and businesses to contact their government.”
Today more than ever, people rely on the county’s website for news and information covering almost every area of their life in Arlington, whether it be a public health announcement, getting a permit, watching a meeting of the County board or paying taxes online. This upgrade will ensure that residents, businesses, and visitors alike have a positive and productive online experience with the county government and can safely and securely access the information they need.
Some new site benefits that users will experience:
- A new, slightly refreshed look and feel
- Extended search function
- Tile design for easier one-click access
- Strategic content layout for improved site navigation based on analytics and the most popular content
- Newly designed “News & Events” area for easier access
- Improved maps, including a new What’s Near Me? Feature that allows the public to search for facilities and amenities with any address.
Use the new site
The URL for the county website (www.arlingtonva.us) is retained, but with added functionality to make it easier for users to get to the most requested services, programs, news, meetings, information, and more.
Here are some tips to help you navigate your new website easily.
- Start from the new homepage. The home page provides quick links to the county’s most requested services and programs, information about upcoming events, the latest news, and more.
- Check out the improved search! The new search bar at the top of the website has a prediction feature that can help users better find the content they need.
- Use the new website navigation. The main navigation bar on the right side of the site was developed using community feedback on how you would find content.
- Update website bookmarks. Links from the previous site may not work. Take a minute to go to the webpage you want and create a new bookmark.
- Try it What’s near me? Specialty. This new feature allows you to search based on your location. Find county facilities, parks, polling stations, fire stations, and more!